Another Small Victory

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 |
Last night it finally happened. I finished my 897 page book. I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb was amazing. 



Another one of his book's She's Come Undone is one of my all time favorites so I knew this would be good. And let's be honest they both made it into Oprah's Book Club so there's no reason to doubt them!

There was something satisfying about finishing this book I can't quite explain. Although it took me a good month and many late nights, it feels so good to move it to the small pile of 'read' books that sits next to the towering pile of 'to read'. 

I guess time to read a book doesn't involve a quiet Sunday afternoon curled up on the couch with a blanket anymore like it did before kids. Now the reality is that it happens sometime after 10pm when everyone is in bed, dishes are done, emails are answered and a few things from the 'to do' list have been accomplished.

Reading my book until 1am is my new guilty pleasure. Wow, I just re-read that and have realized how exciting my life is! 

So tell me... what is your guilty pleasure? And I'll throw a little more honesty in there... I am a reality tv junkie! And I'm not talking the somewhat decent reality shows like Survivor! 

Hope you're all having a good week!


2 comments:

Nicole said...

I want to read that book now!!

I have many guilty pleasures ;)

Rachelle said...

I've sent it home with Jess!

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home